Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Preserve Your Memories

Bookends
Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, a time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you

This is one of my favorite songs by Simon & Garfunkel. I listen to it often. It's a somber, yet beautiful & touching song with deep meaning for me.  It makes me think of my past, as well as my present & future. It makes me think about how time goes by so fast. And life is short.

I have always loved taking pictures. And I have quite a collection - from childhood to high school to college & after - vacations, weddings, showers, birthdays, holidays, & more. 

Dear friends and family have given me wonderful memories that will always be preserved in my heart & remembered through pictures.

I take pictures to preserve my memories.

I want to remember everything about this precious time with Luke - his sweet innocence, his shy smile, his bright blue eyes, his chubby little hands and feet - his laughter & his cries, the good & the not so good - it's all so beautiful & I treasure every fleeting second of this life.










Sweet Shot Day

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my...he's ADORABLE!!

laurensmommy said...

what a precious little boy you have! Just curious- what kind of camera do you use? Your pictures are gorgeous!! (and also, what photo editing software do you use?) I'm looking to upgrade my camera and am always asking around when I see great pictures! :)

Thanks!
Sarah